You made an offer and it was accepted. Your next task is to have the home inspected prior to closing. Agents often recommend you make your offer contingent upon a clean home inspection.
This contingency allows you to renegotiate the price you offered for the home, ask the sellers to cover repairs, or in some cases, walk away if challenges arise. Your agent can advise you on the best course of action once the report is filed.
How to Choose an Inspector
Your agent will most likely have a short list of inspectors they’ve worked with in the past to recommend to you.HGTVsuggests you consider the following five areas when choosing the right home inspector for you:
1. Qualifications– Find out what’s included in your inspection and if the age or location of your home may warrant specific certifications or specialties.
2. Sample Reports– Ask for a sample inspection report so you can review how thoroughly they will be inspecting your dream home. In most cases, the more detailed the report, the better.
3. References– Do your homework. Ask for phone numbers and names of past clients who you can call to discuss their experiences.
4. Memberships– Not all inspectors belong to a national or state association of home inspectors, and membership in one of these groups should not be the only way to evaluate your choice. Membership in one of these organizations does, however, often mean continued training and education are required.
5. Errors and Omission Insurance– Find out what the liability of the inspector or inspection company is once the inspection is over. The inspector is only human, after all, and it is possible they might miss something they should see.
Ask your inspector if it’s okay for you to tag along during the inspection, so they can point out anything that should be addressed or fixed.
Don’t be surprised to see your inspector climbing on the roof or crawling around in the attic and on the floors. The job of the inspector is to protect your investment and find any issues with the home, including but not limited to: the roof, plumbing, electrical components, appliances, heating and air conditioning systems, ventilation, windows, fireplace and chimney, foundation, and so much more.
They say, ‘ignorance is bliss,’ but not when investing your hard-earned money into a home of your own. Work with a professional you can trust to give you the most information possible, so you can make the most educated decision about your purchase.
Author:Lance Whipple PA Phone: 407-494-6030 Dated: October 1st 2019 Views: 83 About Lance: Lance is a Retired Air Force Officer and skip-generation real estate agent -- his grandparents ran a...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
EXIT Realty Champions', Champions Gate Real Estate Office, by Reunion Resort Orlando, is a full service Real Estate Brokerage Office in Champions Gate, Davenport 33896, next to Reunion Resort in 34747. Search for homes for sale with our Realtors, local experts in Champions Gate, Reunion Resort, Kissimmee and Davenport FL. This being the main area for resort vacation homes that can be rented out to meet the Disney World Orlando>, Universal Studios and other theme park market.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a new place to live, Our Realtors can help you find the perfect home in the Orlando, Kissimmee, Davenport, Clermont area known as the Four Corners, where Osceola, Lake, Orange and Polk Counties come together, Next to Disney and the Theme Parks.
EXIT Realty Champions' Realtors in Champions Gate, have a cutting edge Digital Marketing Strategy to help you sell your home for top dollar available in today's demanding market.
Rest assured that EXIT Realty Champions will Champion your housing needs, whether buying or selling one of the biggest investments you have, your home.
Can I Afford the House I want?One mistake young homeowners make is ove
"Steve Humphries was great to work with. Personable and knowledgeable. He helped us zero in on homes that met our criteria for a vacation rental property and negotiate the minimum price that actually got us the house. It is now a profitable, positive cash flow property that has already had an uptick in value. Steve was very helpful to us as Canadians buying in the US in terms of providing advice we needed and accommodating our last minute travel schedule. I expect to use Steve again personally for any additional revenue homes in the Davenport & Champions Gate area and have recommended him to friends. Well done Steve!"