So Today I am embarking on my first open house in Real Estate. I have crossed all my T's and dotted all my I's I think I am ready. The real concern is Will anyone show Up? In preparations for this event, I have implemented several tips that I learned from my training and other reliable references. I have distributed flyers, registered the open house on the MLS, posted about the event on Social Media, prepared take aways for the potential buyers, prepared for electronic sign ins to capture buyer leads, and have refreshments and beverages for the guest. I know it only takes one person to fall in love with the home and I hope that today is the day that I get to play cupid for the family and home!
10 Tips for a Successful Open House
1. Don’t be a chatterbox. Greet your visitors, give them your card and a property brochure, and allow them peace and quiet while they tour the home.
2. Be honest about the home’s features and improvements. A seven-year-old roof isn’t “new,” although the owner may describe it as such. Many owners think any improvement they paid for themselves is “new,” even if it was made more than a decade ago.
3. Don’t drop vague hints about offers having been received for the home if that’s not the case. When the truth later comes out, the buyers may feel manipulated and back out of the whole transaction.
4. Make copies of presale home and termite inspection reports available to prospective buyers along with estimates of the costs for any needed repairs or fumigation.
5. If your state requires a disclosure form, have it completed ahead of time, and make copies available to prospective buyers.
6. Display photographs of popular neighborhood amenities (e.g., local parks and recreation center).
7. Have comparable sales data available.
8. Give visitors property information sheets with important facts about the home and the community. Examples include a flyer highlighting the home’s features, summaries of room size, lot size, taxes, and assessments; and a map showing the location of schools, hospitals, public transportation, libraries, supermarkets and other services and retailers.
9. Ask visitors for immediate feedback about the home. Also, use a guest book to collect visitors’ names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Follow-up with a telephone call or e-mail after the event.
10. Don’t forget to turn off the lights, close the drapes, remove the guest book and brochures, and lock up before you leave.
11. Provide visitors with a takeaway that includes information about the property, floorplans, views and anything else pertinent or unique about the home. This way they can review what they've seen and not just rely on memory.
EXIT Realty Champions', Champions Gate Real Estate Office, by Reunion Resort Orlando, is a full service Real Estate Brokerage Office in Champions Gate, Davenport 33896, next to Reunion Resort in 34747. Search for homes for sale with our Realtors, local experts in Champions Gate, Reunion Resort, Kissimmee and Davenport FL. This being the main area for resort vacation homes that can be rented out to meet the Disney World Orlando>, Universal Studios and other theme park market.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a new place to live, Our Realtors can help you find the perfect home in the Orlando, Kissimmee, Davenport, Clermont area known as the Four Corners, where Osceola, Lake, Orange and Polk Counties come together, Next to Disney and the Theme Parks.
EXIT Realty Champions' Realtors in Champions Gate, have a cutting edge Digital Marketing Strategy to help you sell your home for top dollar available in today's demanding market.
Rest assured that EXIT Realty Champions will Champion your housing needs, whether buying or selling one of the biggest investments you have, your home.
Are you looking for a vacation home with a modern flare? Look no
"Lance helped us close on a home in 21 days. As a retired military officer I had high expectations for the home buying process in central Florida. Lance helped us locate financing, select a title company, get through the inspection process and utilizing a VA loan meeting our tight deadlines. Lance is bilingual and speaks Spanish fluently which helped us greatly as my wife's first language is Spanish. His local knowledge ensured that we were well informed throughout the purchase process. His extensive understanding of FRPTA provided me the confidence to purchase my home from a foreign investor. He also helped with permit concerns which guaranteed we would have no surprises down the road with our purchase. Lance conducted a market analysis that was a spot on to the value of the home and the appraisal actually was higher than his estimate. If you are moving to central Florida this realtor is the best in the business and if you are a veteran you would be in safe hands working with Lance, who is a retired Air Force Officer, who will look out for your best interest and help you find the home you are looking for. Thank you Lance Whipple for helping us purchase our new home."