So you made an offerand it was accepted. Now, your next task is to have the home inspected prior to closing. Agents oftentimes make your offer contingent on a clean home inspection.
This contingency allows you to renegotiate the price you paid for the home, ask the sellers to cover repairs, or in some cases, to walk away. Your agent can advise you on the best course of action once the report is filed.
How to Choose an Inspector
Your agent will most likely have a short list of inspectors that they have worked with in the past that they can recommend to you. HGTVrecommendsthat you consider the following five areas when choosing the right home inspector for you:
1. Qualifications – find out what’s included in your inspection and if the age or location of your home may warrant specific certifications or specialties.
2. Sample Reports – ask for a sample inspection report so you can review how thoroughly they will be inspecting your dream home. In most cases, the more detailed the report, the better.
3. References – do your homework – ask for phone numbers and names of past clients who you can call to ask about their experiences.
4. Memberships – Not all inspectors belong to a national or state association of home inspectors, and membership in one of these groups should not be the only way to evaluate your choice. Membership in one of these organizations often means that continued training and education are provided.
5. Errors & Omission Insurance – Find out what the liability of the inspector or inspection company is once the inspection is over. The inspector is only human, after all, and it is possible that they might have missed something they should have seen.
Ask your inspector if it’s okay for you to tag along during the inspection. That way they can point out anything that should be addressed or fixed.
Don’t be surprised to see your inspector climbing on the roof or crawling around in the attic and on the floors. The job of the inspector is to protect your investment and find any issues with the home, including but not limited to: the roof, plumbing, electrical components, appliances, heating & air conditioning systems, ventilation, windows, the fireplace and chimney, the foundation, and so much more!
They say, ‘ignorance is bliss,’ but not when investing your hard-earned money into a home of your own. Work with a professional who you can trust to give you the most information possible about your new home so that you can make the most educated decision about your purchase.
Author:Lance Whipple PA Phone: 407-494-6030 Dated: June 27th 2019 Views: 155 About Lance: Lance is a Retired Air Force Officer and skip-generation real estate agent -- his grandparents ran a...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
EXIT Realty Champions', Champions Gate Real Estate Office, by Reunion Resort Orlando, is a full service Real Estate Brokerage Office in Champions Gate, Davenport 33896, next to Reunion Resort in 34747. Search for homes for sale with our Realtors, local experts in Champions Gate, Reunion Resort, Kissimmee and Davenport FL. This being the main area for resort vacation homes that can be rented out to meet the Disney World Orlando>, Universal Studios and other theme park market.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a new place to live, Our Realtors can help you find the perfect home in the Orlando, Kissimmee, Davenport, Clermont area known as the Four Corners, where Osceola, Lake, Orange and Polk Counties come together, Next to Disney and the Theme Parks.
EXIT Realty Champions' Realtors in Champions Gate, have a cutting edge Digital Marketing Strategy to help you sell your home for top dollar available in today's demanding market.
Rest assured that EXIT Realty Champions will Champion your housing needs, whether buying or selling one of the biggest investments you have, your home.
Can I Afford the House I want?One mistake young homeowners make is ove
"Steve Humphries was great to work with. Personable and knowledgeable. He helped us zero in on homes that met our criteria for a vacation rental property and negotiate the minimum price that actually got us the house. It is now a profitable, positive cash flow property that has already had an uptick in value. Steve was very helpful to us as Canadians buying in the US in terms of providing advice we needed and accommodating our last minute travel schedule. I expect to use Steve again personally for any additional revenue homes in the Davenport & Champions Gate area and have recommended him to friends. Well done Steve!"