It's no mystery that everyone wants to save as much money as possible, especially when it comes to the dreaded "t" word- taxes. If you are a homeowner, you need to be informed about all of the tax deductions available to you. I have compiled a list of these tax deductions from a few websites (all hyperlinked at the bottom of this blog post). Talk to your accountant or tax preparation specialist about these today!
- Mortage Interest- You can deduct mortgage interest from as many properties as you own! Also, if you own a boat or RV (one that has cooking, sleeping, and bathroom facilities) you can deduct these as well! (Bankrate)
- Points- You are allowed to deduct these the year after you paid them to lower your home loan. (Bankrate)
- Property Taxes (Bankrate)
- When you do sell your house, you are entitled to a $250,000 exclusion on any profit, as long as the owner owned the home for two years and lived in it at least two of the last five years. For married couples, you can exclude $500,000! For example, if you are single and you bought a house for $150,000, lived in it and sold it for $300,000 two years later, you would not have to pay any taxes on the gain because the gain was only (and I say "only" very lightly...) $150,000. Yipee!!! (Bankrate)
- Home Improvements Made for Medical Care- Let's say someone in your household falls ill and you need to make your home wheelchair accessible. You can deduct all costs associated with those improvements. (Turbotax.Intuit.com)
What is NOT Tax Deductible (Sorry!)
- PMI Insurance
- Property Hazard Insurance Premiums
- HOA dues
- Closing Costs
- Local Assessments
- Home Improvements (But wait! Save your receipts because if you sell your home and your profit is more than your $250k exclusion, your receipts could allow you to increase your basis for your house)
EXIT Realty Champions', Champions Gate Real Estate Office, by Reunion Resort Orlando, is a full service Real Estate Brokerage Office in Champions Gate, Davenport 33896, next to Reunion Resort in 34747. Search for homes for sale with our Realtors, local experts in Champions Gate, Reunion Resort, Kissimmee and Davenport FL. This being the main area for resort vacation homes that can be rented out to meet the Disney World Orlando>, Universal Studios and other theme park market.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a new place to live, Our Realtors can help you find the perfect home in the Orlando, Kissimmee, Davenport, Clermont area known as the Four Corners, where Osceola, Lake, Orange and Polk Counties come together, Next to Disney and the Theme Parks.
EXIT Realty Champions' Realtors in Champions Gate, have a cutting edge Digital Marketing Strategy to help you sell your home for top dollar available in today's demanding market.
Rest assured that EXIT Realty Champions will Champion your housing needs, whether buying or selling one of the biggest investments you have, your home.
To quote The Beatles "....The long and winding roadThat leads to
"I started with the process for selling the house with Lizzy Byrne last October. I had information about the probable selling prices and I made a decision about it based on it. She was prompt to point out the main deficiencies to be corrected, I had a precise information about the cost involved for any repairs. I usually had informative emails about the status of the negotiations and emails in relations to decisions to be made, always I received a phone call to back important issues. She was open to clarifications and questions, it was of prime importance for me, as I was unaware of most of the selling process, like needed documentation, etc. I left to her to manage all the process with total confidence, I felt free of stress and pretty confident on the achievement of good results. I had clear explanations of pros and cons and decisions were made with sufficient information about alternatives, values and possible outcomes. Finally, I had my house sold for Christmas! It took less than 3 months and with a very happy end."