It's no doubt, when you put your home on the market, you want to sell it as soon as possible. Staging a home is a marketing technique that makes your home more appealing to a greater number of buyers. Here are a few tips to make that possible:
1) Make it Sparkle! A clean home inside and out is the most important factor. On the outside, it's the first impression, so make it a great one by keeping the lawn nicely manicured and a minimal amount of plants. Power wash the walkways, patio, driveway and exterior of your home. On the inside, mop, dust, vacuum, wash windows, mirrors and baseboards. Pay particular attention to the bathroom, possibly even paint it white to give potential buyers the feeling of extra cleanliness. Also, pay attention to odors and neutralize those, if needed.
2) Remove clutter. You're going to be moving, so why not pack up personal items. I recommend to pack anything smaller than a cantaloupe and replace pictures with mirrors- you know buyers would rather look at themselves than you and your family! Haha, and mirrors give a roomier feeling. Also, when you remove papers, personal and small items it makes the rooms seem bigger and more comfortable.
3) Pay attention to color and light. Too bright of colors turns buyers off. Neutral colors are best for the broadest appeal, makes the home appear larger and has the least chance of offending someone. Lighting is the most effective way to set a mood, so be sure to open up the blinds and draperies to let in that natural sunshine throughout the home.
4) Apply a fresh coat of paint. Paint can quickly refresh a dull, dated room and can give you a big bang for your buck! Remember to stay neutral. Choose a beige or taupe for living spaces and white or neutral blue for bathrooms.
5) Make simple repairs. Repair squeaky and/or loose doors as well as broken and/or loose fixtures and fittings that have been neglected.
6) Spring for new light fixtures. Renew the look of the room by replacing old or tacky light fixtures, door hardware, light switches and outlets. Get rid of anything as old and tacky as yourself! HAHA, just kidding on the tacky part ;-)
HAPPY LISTINGS TO YOU!!
Author:Paula Mitchell Phone: 321-328-5988 Dated: August 31st 2017 Views: 58 About Paula: Hi! I'm Paula and I moved to the sunshine state from Indiana in June of 2014. I live in the Davenpor...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
EXIT Realty Champions', Champions Gate Real Estate Office, by Reunion Resort Orlando, is a full service Real Estate Brokerage Office in Champions Gate, Davenport 33896, next to Reunion Resort in 34747. Search for homes for sale with our Realtors, local experts in Champions Gate, Reunion Resort, Kissimmee and Davenport FL. This being the main area for resort vacation homes that can be rented out to meet the Disney World Orlando>, Universal Studios and other theme park market.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a new place to live, Our Realtors can help you find the perfect home in the Orlando, Kissimmee, Davenport, Clermont area known as the Four Corners, where Osceola, Lake, Orange and Polk Counties come together, Next to Disney and the Theme Parks.
EXIT Realty Champions' Realtors in Champions Gate, have a cutting edge Digital Marketing Strategy to help you sell your home for top dollar available in today's demanding market.
Rest assured that EXIT Realty Champions will Champion your housing needs, whether buying or selling one of the biggest investments you have, your home.
Orlando’s home sales dropped off more and home prices rose faster in
"I started with the process for selling the house with Lizzy Byrne last October. I had information about the probable selling prices and I made a decision about it based on it. She was prompt to point out the main deficiencies to be corrected, I had a precise information about the cost involved for any repairs. I usually had informative emails about the status of the negotiations and emails in relations to decisions to be made, always I received a phone call to back important issues. She was open to clarifications and questions, it was of prime importance for me, as I was unaware of most of the selling process, like needed documentation, etc. I left to her to manage all the process with total confidence, I felt free of stress and pretty confident on the achievement of good results. I had clear explanations of pros and cons and decisions were made with sufficient information about alternatives, values and possible outcomes. Finally, I had my house sold for Christmas! It took less than 3 months and with a very happy end."