Once you've made the decision to sell your home then there are a few steps you need to take to help with the sale
1) Disassociate yourself from your home - quite literally say goodbye to your rooms and surroundings
2) De-personalisze your home - remove personal photos and items (perhaps just leave one photo) make your home a blank canvass for the buyer to see their own perosonal items and photos in place
3) De-clutter - box up books and knickknacks frorm shelves, throw out junk you have been hoarding and never used, clear off counters and table tops
4) make sure closets, cupboards and drawers are neat and tidy, if possible clear out items so spaces seem more open for more items for the buyer to imagine placing their own items
5) make rooms cleaner and larger by reducing the amount of furniture in each room - if need be hire a storage unit for extra furniture
6) Place favourite items you are taking with you out of sight
7) Make minor repairs and consider painting walls a neutral color, replacing worn bedlinene with some new and fresh, if carpets are looking tired then see if shampooing will bring them back to condition, if not then consider replacing carpets - again use neautral colors, nothing too dark or too light
8) Give your home a good clean so it looks and smells clean and fresh
9) Open your front door and stand on your porch as though visiting for the first time, does your home invite you step inside, you may need to rearrange rooms or items in some rooms to make them more appealing
10) Curb appeal - does your front yard look neat and tidy, are the shrubs trimmed and dead flowers removed, is the outside paint on the home fresh enough or is chipped and faded. Plant yellow flowers as these brighten a garden and yellow evokes the buying emotion, make sure your house number can be clearly seen from the sidewalk and road
Author:Linda Sanders Phone: 407-287-2393 Dated: June 18th 2015 Views: 710 About Linda: Co-owner of a multi-award winning property management company and REALTOR®
I immigrated to Flori...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
EXIT Realty Champions', Champions Gate Real Estate Office, by Reunion Resort Orlando, is a full service Real Estate Brokerage Office in Champions Gate, Davenport 33896, next to Reunion Resort in 34747. Search for homes for sale with our Realtors, local experts in Champions Gate, Reunion Resort, Kissimmee and Davenport FL. This being the main area for resort vacation homes that can be rented out to meet the Disney World Orlando>, Universal Studios and other theme park market.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a new place to live, Our Realtors can help you find the perfect home in the Orlando, Kissimmee, Davenport, Clermont area known as the Four Corners, where Osceola, Lake, Orange and Polk Counties come together, Next to Disney and the Theme Parks.
EXIT Realty Champions' Realtors in Champions Gate, have a cutting edge Digital Marketing Strategy to help you sell your home for top dollar available in today's demanding market.
Rest assured that EXIT Realty Champions will Champion your housing needs, whether buying or selling one of the biggest investments you have, your home.